Social - academic affairs
Rights and Responsibilities
- to study the chosen programme of study;
- to study an individual study plan in accordance with the procedure laid down in high school;
- to study at more than one programme or other courses in the same or another institution of higher education;
- to evaluate the quality of teaching and training provisions of the subjects studied;
- to choose instructors, if the same thing is taught by several teachers;
- to submit their thesis topic, or choose from a number of proposed topics;
- to have their gained knowledge affirmed using alternative methods if they have a disability preventing from settling the procedure, and if the alternative method of knowledge affirmation ensures the proper levels of knowledge are achieved;
- to apply to the high school administration to have their studeis endorsed by the same or other Lithuanian or foreign higher education institution;
- to apply to a higher education administration or a dispute settlement panel about the injustice in question;
- to interrupt and resume studies in accordance with the Statute of the high school;
- to take an academic leave without loss of student status;
- to freely express their thoughts and beliefs;
- to participate in high school governing bodies;
- to elect the student representative body and to be elected to it, to join other associations freely;
- to use the rights given by the law, the university statutes and other legal acts.
- to study hard;
- comply with the Code of Academic Ethics, adopted by the University;
- to comply with this law, the Statute of higher education, laws and internal regulations.
Exam SessionAccording to VU study regulations, the recommended interval between exams - 3 days. If for an important reason the student did not participate in the examination they must inform the Dean’s Office during the 3 working days after the scheduled examination or a credit date. Then deliver a document explaining the reason for absence until the Dean’s Office term. If a student is ill during the examination session they must present a medical report to the Dean’s Office and the examination session is extended for a specified period of time set by the medical leave which is issued by the medical institution but not for more than one month from the day of the beginning of the new semester. The exams in Vilnius University can only be held in written form, or oral and written form combined but never only in oral form. If a student fails an exam during the exam session they may try again during the retakes which in the first two weeks of the new semester. The students of the first-semester of the first-year course and students of the penultimate semester of the last course are allowed to retake the exam twice.
AppealsYou feel misunderstood? You have the opportunity to appeal!
HelpThe Appeals Board of the Faculty shall consist of at least one representative student appointed by the student representative body. If you have problems or uncertainties concerning the appeal commission work, contact the student representative branch of its faculty where you can find out the contacts of the representative of the Board of Appeal. He/she will provide all the information you need.
MotivationThe appeal must be motivated. This means that in your appeal letter you should write down all the arguments as to why you do not agree with the evaluation of the credits or exams or other procedural irregularities (“I think so” is not a sufficient argument). Otherwise the appeal may be rejected.
CausesAppeals can be made on the final course assessment (examinations, tests, mid-term assessment) and procedural irregularities of the examination. Appeals on the assessments of the final exam (diploma thesis defense) are not accepted.
TermsIf a student appeals about the evaluation of an examination or a credit record the appeal must be submitted within 5 working days from the examination or from the date of the credit record publication. In this case if the exam is held to be at the close of the session, the appeal must be lodged within 6 working days after the end of the session (even if the test is held on the last day of the session, in which case the student still has one day to write the appeal after their work is corrected within the regular 5 day period). Appeals for the exam or procedure violations of credits must be presented the day after the exam or the credit date. So, do not miss the deadline! Do not forget that before the appeal hearing you have the right to view your exam or credit record. Works are saved in department. The student providing the appeal is also offered to appeal via an electronic letter.
CommissionIf your appeal concerns your exam or the credit assessment, the Appellate Commission shall instruct the department head to form a expert panel of the subject, which within 5 days proposes an evaluation of the work to the appeal commission or the appeal commission may invite selected experts proposed by the head of the Department to a meeting. If your appeal is concerned with procedural violations the appeal commission cancels your test (credit) score(s) after identifying the essential test (netting) procedural violations. After cancelling the examination results the appeal commission shall notify its decision to the dean and the Head of the Department of the faculty and oblige the latter to create a special committee to retake the exam. Remember that the examination (credit) must be held no later than within 14 calendar days of the appeal commission's decision.
14 daysRemember that the appeal committee must submit its decision to you no later than within 14 calendar days from the date of the appeal submitting. After analyzing the appeal the grade of the appellant cannot be reduced in any case. Do not forget that until the Appeal Committee of your faculty has given its decision, no decisions from the Dean (core unit management) concerning the assessment of your study results and the examination procedure shall apply to you. If additional questions or confusion arise - make sure you contact your student representative body! (University St. 3, Observatory courtyard) Tel.: 2 68 71 44 or 2 68 71 45 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Studies Information
- Erasmus study: Full-time students who have completed half of the planned study period have the opportunity to leave for part of study. The grade average must be at least 8 in order to be eligible for a grant from the VU, otherwise - you can leave with a zero grant. Lists of universities can be found here. Selections take place in September and February. Erasmus scholarship is 350-550 € /month (depending on the country). Going is permitted only once during a lifetime.
- International and bilateral agreements. International agreement for students only guarantees free education. Vilnius University has established agreements with 101 universities in the world. You can go a few times (Erasmus does not intervene). Limitation - not to exceed half of the undergraduate term.
- Erasmus practice (you can perform in all companies and organizations (abroad). You can not do it in the EU institutions, and organizations administering the programmes of EU or the Lithuanian diplomatic representations. Duration is 3-12 months. Mobility grants are 500-700 € for a month. Erasmus placement period - no less than 3 months and no longer than 12 months.
VU SA MF Darbo laikasDėmesio! Nuo sausio 1 d. iki vasario 6 d. VU SA MF dirba nuotoliniu būdu. Nors mūsų 225 aud. nerasite, drąsiai rašykite ar skambinkite VU SA MF svetainėje nurodytais kontaktais.
Dekanato darbo laikas
PIRMADIENĮ - KETVIRTADIENĮ|
8:00 - 16:30
8:00 - 15:30
12:00 - 12:30
|Studentų priėmimo laikas|
PIRMADIENĮ - KETVIRTADIENĮ|
9:30 - 14:00
- Vilniaus universiteto studentų atstovybė
- Vilniaus universitetas
- Vilniaus universiteto medicinos fakultetas
- Prisijungimas prie VU duomenų bazės
- VU el. paštas
- Vilniaus Universiteto Sveikatos ir sporto centras
- VU studentų ERASMUS TINKLAPIS
- VU MF Studentų mokslinė draugija
- Lietuvos medicinos studentų asociacija
- Skaitmeninė medicinos biblioteka
- VU MF biblioteka facebook'e
- Lietuvos Sveikatos Mokslų Universiteto studentų atstovybė
- Unikalūs: 14171
- Paspaudimai: 11578950